- Sylvia Cheah
- Property | Cross Border Investments
Sylvia is passionate about property and provides pragmatic solutions to commercial issues.
She acts for a wide range of corporate, consortium and private investors in commercial and unit title acquisitions, subdivisions and high rise developments, approval under the Overseas Investment Act, rural and residential properties, leasing and sale of assets. Her experience with both developers and purchasers gives her the ability to identify the issues and suggest workable solutions.
She speaks English, Mandarin, Bahasa Malaysia and Taiwanese. Her legal experience and cross cultural awareness has been instrumental in providing commercial advice to overseas investors and their local partners.
- Advising on a wide range of complex developments including serviced apartments, residential and industrial subdivisions and mixed use developments in New Zealand.
- Acting on due diligences, completing acquisitions and dispositions of significant assets.
- Advising on Overseas Investment Office applications for foreign investors in sensitive land and assets.
- Advising on body corporate rules and issues, preparing management and service contracts, lease of serviced apartments, advising on strategy and solutions.
- Advising on a major mixed use development in Newmarket, Auckland.
- Acting and advising on a major landowner in downtown Auckland, handling acquisitions, dispositions and leasing.
- Acting and advising on a major provider of student apartment accommodation in Auckland.
- Advising on developers of luxury residential and mix use developments in Auckland CBD.
- Acting and advising on major subdivisions in Auckland and Christchurch.
- Acting and advising on foreign investors in respect of investments and property portfolio in New Zealand.
- Advising on resource management and litigation specialists to achieve pragmatic result for clients.
- LLB (HONS), University of Canterbury
- MCOMLAW (HONS), University of Auckland
- Property Law Section of New Zealand Law Society
- National Vice President of the New Zealand Malaysia Business Council
- Chair of the Auckland Chapter of the New Zealand Malaysia Business Council
- ASEAN New Zealand Combined Business Association