- Pip Breitmeyer
- Senior Associate
- Banking & Finance | Financial Services
Pip is part of the banking and finance team advising clients on a wide range of matters.
Her background includes working on cross-border financing transactions for a ‘Magic Circle’ firm in the United Kingdom and in the in-house teams of a major UK clearing bank and the United Kingdom’s official export credit agency.
- Pip is ranked as a 'Next Generation Lawyer' in the 2018 and 2019 Legal 500 Asia Pacific guides and is recommended by clients for 'making complex legal issues easy to understand.' She is ranked as a 'Rising Star' in the 2020 and 2021 Legal 500 Asia Pacific Guides.
- Advising banks and finance companies on institutional, corporate, property and agri-business lending including structuring advice, legal due diligence, preparation and negotiation of facility and security documentation and registration of security.
- Advised a prominent logistics company as borrower under a suite of working capital, acquisition funding and property finance facilities in an aggregate amount of $67 million.
- Advised a syndicate of banks on an $80 million facility and security package provided to a financial services borrower.
- Advised a number of credit unions, finance companies and property investment syndicates on transition to, and compliance under, the Financial Markets Conduct Act 2013 regime including preparing and uploading disclosure documentation on the Disclose Register maintained by the Companies Office.
- Preparation and registration of mortgages of fishing quota on behalf of major lenders.
- Advising lenders on compliance under the Credit Contracts and Consumer Finance Act 2003 and Anti-Money Laundering and Countering Financing of Terrorism Act 2009.
- LLB (HONS)/BA, University of Otago
- Committee member of Canterbury Women in Restructuring and Insolvency