- Murray Weakley
Murray has a vast range of experience in the banking, corporate, property, trust and local government teams of the firm. Whilst now specialising in property matters, this experience provides him with unique perspective in dealing with a wide range of matters.
Murray’s acts for corporate and other significant property owners and local authorities in the purchase, development, subdivision, leasing and sale of commercial, rural and residential properties.
He also advises on the structuring of transactions and the entities which are best suited for the ownership, development and utilisation of commercial, rural and residential properties. Murray has been actively involved in assisting commercial and residential property owners in dealing with the effects of the Canterbury earthquakes, including assisting property owners in dealing with insurers, resolving insurance claims and advising on and assisting with litigation relating to commercial and residential properties.
- Acting for the then second largest land owner in the South Island on the sale of its commercial and rural land portfolio including the sale of substantial existing forestry holdings.
- Acting for a local authority on the development, subdivision and sale of a large part of the town centre of an important South Island tourist destination.
- Acting for a residential developer on the development, subdivision and sale of a large (100+ sections) Christchurch subdivision.
- Acting on the formation and property activities of a charitable trust set up to support a large South Island tertiary education provider by acquiring, developing and leasing commercial properties.
- Acting for the owner of an international hotel, carpark and office tower in the lease, financing, corporate and insurance dispute issues arising from the effects of the Canterbury earthquakes and the resulting damage.
- LLB (Hons), University of Canterbury
- Murray is qualified to practice as a notary public.
- New Zealand Society of Notaries
- Australian and New Zealand College of Notaries