Megan Compton Partner
- Megan Compton
- Corporate Advisory | Manufacturing & Exporting | Tourism | Logistics & Transport
- The Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2017 - 2019 Guides recognised Megan as a 'Next Generation Lawyer', an award that acknowledges lawyers who are rising stars in their areas of practice. Clients appreciate her 'sharp intellect' and describe her as a 'joy to work with'. She is ranked as a 'Next Generation Partner' in the 2020 Legal 500 Asia Pacific Guide.
- Advising GPC Electronics on various international contract manufacturing and supply agreements and other manufacturers and exporters on cross border agreements.
- Acting for a national hotel operator on a joint venture multimillion hotel development in Queenstown and a Christchurch CBD developer on a significant rebuild project, involving construction of interlinking office, hospitality and retail buildings.
- Assisting Ngai Tahu Tourism on its purchase of Glacier Southern Lakes Helicopters.
- Advising Scales Corporation on its $20.5 million purchase of Longview Group Holdings Limited and associated orchard land and assets.
- Advising Flick Anticimex on multiple acquisitions in the pest control and biosecurity industries.
- Assisting Shirley Boys' High School and Avonside Girls' High School on New Zealand's first co-location of two schools to one shared campus, including drafting of complex sharing arrangements.
- LLB (HONS)/BSC, University of Otago
- Canterbury Employers’ Chamber of Commerce (The Chamber) – manufacturing and export sector
- Canterbury Women's Legal Association
- Tourism Export Council
- Board Member of Cholmondeley Children's Centre