- Megan Compton
- Corporate Advisory | Manufacturing & Exporting | Tourism | Logistics & Transport
Megan is an experienced corporate lawyer with a specialised interest in the tourism and manufacturing sectors. She regularly provides advice on governance, structuring, business sale and purchases, commercial contracts and risk mitigation and is proud to be respected as a “trusted advisor” by many clients.
“Megan provided fantastic support throughout the process of buying into my practice. Her experience and attention to detail, combined with a pragmatic, friendly and flexible approach, was very reassuring.”
“Megan at Anthony Harper acted on the sale of my business and was knowledgeable, responsive and a pleasure to deal with throughout. I would be happy to recommend Megan to anyone.”
Megan has a personal interest in education and child welfare and sits on the Boards of Cholmondeley Children’s Centre and the Te Puna Foundation (the charitable arm of the National Library).
- The 2020 Legal 500 Asia Pacific as named Megan as a "next generation partner", an award which recognises those who are rising stars in their profession.
- Advising Methven Adventures Limited on the development of the Opuke hot pools project, including land and asset acquisition, capital raise and procurement of government funding.
- Working alongside the in house counsel of an international finance company, assisting with time sensitive strategic advice, workflow management, contract reviews and sense checks of internal policy and governance advice.
- Working closely with the CEO of a Christchurch manufacturing businesses on international projects, including advising on tender documents, contractual (supplier-side) risk, defect and product liability and mitigation of credit risk.
- Creation of bespoke arrangements between two Christchurch schools, who have entered into the most significant campus and staffing sharing arrangements undertaken in New Zealand to date.
- Preparing software and intellectual property agreements for a national hotel developer who has created a novel, technology focused hotel concept. Also negotiating the joint venture agreement for the client's investment in the first hotel using this concept in New Zealand.
- Establishing the New Zealand entity for an Australian property consultancy, including negotiating management buy in and limited partnership arrangements.
- Advising Scales Corporation on its $20.5 million purchase of Longview Group Holdings Limited and associated orchard land and assets.
- LLB (HONS)/BSC, University of Otago
- Canterbury Employers’ Chamber of Commerce (The Chamber) – manufacturing and export sector
- Canterbury Women's Legal Association
- Tourism Export Council
- Board Member of Cholmondeley Children's Centre
- Board Member of Te Puna Foundation