- Matt Smith
- Senior Associate
- Corporate Advisory | Technology
Matt is a senior corporate and commercial lawyer who advises a broad spectrum of clients. He has a particular interest/focus on technology and early stage companies.
Matt’s extensive general corporate/commercial experience includes mergers and acquisitions, capital raises, employee share plans, joint ventures, shareholders’ agreements, corporate structuring and commercial supply arrangements. He has also advised on a number of large-scale, transformative IT projects, including systems supply and support, ‘as a Service’, managed services and outsourcing arrangements.
Matt delivers his clients concise and pragmatic advice, in a calm and friendly manner.
- InvoCare's acquisition of the Hope and Sons, Whitestone Funerals and Morrison Funeral Directors funeral home businesses.
- BAYADA Home Health Care Inc's purchase of a minority stake in Healthvision New Zealand and the associated joint venture arrangements.
- Establishment of the SmartCo smart electricity metering business, including joint venture arrangements, metering system and hardware agreements, and agreements for the supply of electricity consumption data to electricity retailers.
- Acquisition of robotic exoskeleton developer, Rex Bionics, pre-listing capital raise and £10m reverse listing on the London Stock Exchange's Alternative Investment Market.
- Shanghai Maling's $260m purchase of a 50% stake in Silver Fern Farms.
- Legal support for Inland Revenue's Business Transformation Programme.
- BCOM/LLB (HONS), University of Auckland