- Lucy George
- Senior Associate
- Litigation | Financial Services | Insurance
Lucy specialises in litigation and dispute resolution across the private and public sectors. She advises on a broad range of issues including insolvency law, contract and land/leasing disputes, directors’ duties, medico-legal and judicial review. She has represented clients in the High Court and at arbitrations and mediations.
Prior to joining Anthony Harper, Lucy was in-house legal counsel for a major retail bank in London. She managed a team of lawyers advising on a large regulatory investigation and customer remediation scheme regarding interest rate hedging products. Working in a management role in-house, Lucy gained valuable experience dealing with internal and external stakeholders, and has an interest in advising on regulatory and risk issues.
Before her move to London, Lucy worked in the competition, public and regulatory law team at a large firm in Auckland, focusing on Commerce Act, Fair Trading Act and regulatory advice.
- LLB, (First Class Honours), University of Canterbury
- Restructuring Insolvency & Turnaround Association of New Zealand (RITANZ)
- Auckland Women Lawyers Association
- Committee member of Women in Restructuring and Insolvency (WIRI)