- Kathryn McKinney
Kathryn is involved in both contentious and non-contentious employment work. She provides advice on the full spectrum of employment law, from employment relations, industrial relations and corporate support, through to Holidays Act compliance and conducting employment investigations.
Kathryn has 20 years’ employment law experience, gained at top-tier firms in New Zealand and the United Kingdom, as well as experience advising in a consulting capacity and in-house. She is qualified to practise law in England & Wales, Northern Ireland and New Zealand.
- Advising one of New Zealand's largest construction companies on the employment aspects of a significant commercial share acquisition (with assets of circa $300 million).
- Advising a large New Zealand employer on an investigation by the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment on minimum entitlement compliance, and advising in relation to an Enforcement Undertaking.
- Assisting a Government entity with drafting change proposals, correspondence and documentation to affected employees and advising on the selection process for assessing and determining who will be made redundant, and who will be offered redeployment opportunities.
- Defending a client against allegations of serious sexual harassment.
- Advising a national client on breaches of post-employment obligations and working to negotiate a satisfactory outcome to protect the client's confidential information and commercial interests.
- Raising personal grievances on behalf of a high profile senior executive with regards to constructive dismissal and unjustified disadvantage claims, and negotiating a record of settlement.
- LLB (Hons) : University of the West of England, Bristol
- Legal Practising Certificate: University of the West of England, Bristol
- 1998 (England & Wales)
- 2000 (Northern Ireland)
- 2016 (New Zealand)
- Member of the Human Resources Institute of New Zealand (HRINZ)