- Grant Goldsmith
- Banking & Finance | Automotive
Grant advises borrowers and financial institutions on a wide range of financing matters, including leveraged finance, project and property finance and structured finance transactions. He has a particular expertise in property finance, sponsor backed acquisition finance and syndicated corporate facilities.
Prior to returning to New Zealand, Grant spent several years in the banking department of ‘magic circle’ law firm Linklaters LLP based in London and Tokyo.
- Grant is recognised in the 2017 - 2021 Chambers and Partners directories, where the Directory states he 'brings his experience and knowledge to both the New Zealand and overseas markets to complex property finance transactions.' He is further endorsed by a client who attests , "I found him to be experienced and able to provide quality information and support".
- He is also ranked as a 'Leading Individual' in the 2017 - 2021 Legal 500 Asia Pacific guides.
- Acting for the private equity backed purchaser on its funding of a large paper import and distribution business operating in New Zealand, Australia, China and Japan.
- Acting for the syndicate lenders in relation to the refinance and acquisition facilities provided to an NZX listed healthcare group.
- Acting for Arysta Life Sciences Group on the restructuring of its acquisition debt facilities.
- Advising one of the world’s largest cool store operators on the provision of its group syndicated facilities in New Zealand and Australia.
- Advising a finance company on the establishment of its lending and security processes to ensure compliance with New Zealand law.
- Acting for the a syndicate member in relation to the debt facilities of a property investment and construction group.
- LLB (HONS), University of Auckland
- BPHED, University of Otago