- David Gould
- Corporate Advisory | Manufacturing & Exporting | Tourism
David has wide experience acting on a range of corporate and commercial projects for New Zealand and overseas based clients. He is regularly sought out by overseas based clients needing help with acquisitions or setting up New Zealand businesses, and often works closely as part of the project team from inception to completion.
David has particular expertise on acquisitions, sale and merger transactions, corporate restructurings, equity placements, management shareholding structures, and the legal issues faced by manufacturers and exporters.
He regularly advises on key commercial contracts including supply agreements, procurement contracts, manufacturing agreements, agency and distribution arrangements, logistics contracts, service agreements, IP licensing, and joint venture and shareholder agreements.
- David is ranked as a 'Leading Individual' in the 2019 and 2020 Legal 500 Asia Pacific Guide.
- He was also recommended in the 2017 and 2018 Legal 500 Asia Pacific Guides, who note his as being 'commercial, practical and technically astute'.
- David is also ranked as a "Recognised Practitioner" in the 2019 and 2020 Chambers and Partners Directories.
- Advising Powerbase Group, a group of independent electrical wholesale suppliers, on the structure of a new joint venture entity.
- Structuring and governance advice for the Otautahi Community Trust on its new entity for development activities.
- Advising Soletanche Freyssinet (part of a French listed group) on the joint venture arrangements that are to apply following the acquisition of a 55% interest in March Construction.
- Advisor to the New Zealand and Australian operating companies in the Hellmann Worldwide Logistics Group on the joint venture and exclusive licensing arrangements entered into with the Chilltainers Group for the "Chilltainers" packaging solution.
- Advising Scott Electrical Group on the structure of the multiple joint venture subsidiary arrangements to be implemented with different management teams throughout the Group's branch network
- Advisor to Tailorspace Investments on the acquisition of an 18% interest in Mike Greer Homes (New Zealand's largest residential home builder). Our role included extensive due diligence on the parent company and the numerous subsidiary and related parties (numbering in excess of 40 entities), and the negotiation of the share acquisition agreement and shareholders' agreement, and other ancillary transaction documentation.
- Advisor to an Australian Unit Trust on their investment into Alpha Equipment - a NZ business carrying out leasing of heavy contracting equipment.
- Acting for Blum (Austrian based) on the acquisition of its New Zealand distributor.
- BCOM (Accounting), University of Otago
- LLB, University of Otago