- David Gould
- Corporate Advisory | Manufacturing & Exporting | Tourism
David has wide experience acting on a range of corporate and commercial projects for New Zealand and overseas based clients. He is regularly sought out by overseas based clients needing help with acquisitions or setting up New Zealand businesses, and often works closely as part of the project team from inception to completion.
David has particular expertise on acquisitions, sale and merger transactions, corporate restructurings, equity placements, management shareholding structures, and the legal issues faced by manufacturers and exporters.
He regularly advises on key commercial contracts including supply agreements, procurement contracts, manufacturing agreements, agency and distribution arrangements, logistics contracts, service agreements, IP licensing, and joint venture and shareholder agreements.
- David is ranked as a 'Leading Individual' in the 2019 - 2021 Legal 500 Asia Pacific Guides.
- He was also recommended in the 2017 and 2018 Legal 500 Asia Pacific Guides, who note him as being 'commercial, practical and technically astute'.
- David is also ranked in the 2019- 2021 Chambers and Partners Directories. They note "He's very personable and pragmatic in his approach," comments one client, adding: "He works with you to achieve the desired result."
- Advising Rhenus Group, a large global logistics provider, on its share acquisition of the Malcolm Total Logistics Group, including comprehensive due diligence and sale arrangements for three distinct businesses.
- Advising Donaghys on the sale of its New Zealand crop packaging business.
- Adviser to Scott Electrical on the acquisition of the north island wholesale branch operations of K Simpson Electrical.
- Adviser to a New Zealand based private equity group on its investment in a complex limited partnership consortium that operates a hotel group in Europe and North America.
- Acting for SKOPE Industries on the establishment of a joint venture to provide commercial refrigeration servicing and logistics support in the Australian market.
- Advising Longbeach Apparel on the acquisition of the Line7 intellectual property and apparel business.
- Advising Soletanche Freyssinet (part of a French listed group) on the staged acquisition of March Construction.
- Structuring and governance advice to the Otautahi Community Trust regarding its new development entity.
- Advising the New Zealand and Australian operating companies in the Hellmann Worldwide Logistics Group on a packaging joint venture.
- Adviser to Tailorspace Investments on the acquisition of an interest in Mike Greer Homes, New Zealand's largest residential home builder.
- Advisor to an Australian Unit Trust on their investment in a NZ business carrying out the sale and leasing of heavy contracting equipment.
- Acting for Austrian based Blum on the acquisition of its New Zealand distributor, and subsequent assistance with the expansion of its NZ operations.
- Advising on numerous bespoke management shareholding and buy-out structures.
- BCOM (Accounting), University of Otago
- LLB, University of Otago