- Alistair Law
- Property | Hotels
Alistair has significant expertise and experience in all aspects of commercial property, including property development, sales, leasing, property syndication, subdivision and property finance.
He draws on his considerable experience to truly understand the nature of the transaction. His commercial, solution-focused approach ensures that Alistair delivers successful outcomes for his clients.
Clients include major corporates, institutional investors, developers, property syndicators, viticulture companies and retirement village operators. He also has experience advising overseas investors purchasing property in New Zealand.
- Alistair is listed as a 'Recommended Lawyer' in the 2019 Legal 500 Asia Pacific.
- Acting for CGML on the redevelopment and conversion of the former Colonial Motor Company Building at 89 Courtenay Place, Wellington into a 226 room 4.5 star hotel.
- Advising Augusta Capital on the disposal of various commercial properties, including the Airways Building in Christchurch for $20.5m and the property at 12 Brick Street, Henderson for $22.36m.
- Advising Augusta Capital on its property management requirements in relation to its management portfolio of more than $1.7b worth of office, retail and industrial properties throughout New Zealand.
- Advising Arvida on its property requirements, including the acquisition and ongoing development of an 8.2 hectare retirement village development site in Richmond Nelson $11m, which will cater for a $130m retirement village and integrated care development.
- Advising LEP Group on its property requirements, including the acquisition, development and sell down of the luxury Edition apartment development at 2 Churton Street, Parnell.
- Advising Coca-Cola Amatil on the sale of a commercial property at 43 Carbine Road, Mt Wellington .
- Advising Lion - Beer, Spirits & Wine (NZ) on the property aspects for the acquisition and disposal of various pub businesses in New Zealand.
- Advising ASB Bank on the property aspects of various property finance transactions, including lending to Oyster Group on the syndication of the Millennium Centre in Greenlane, Auckland with a purchase price of $210m and the Cider Building in Ponsonby with a purchase price of $93m.
- Advising on the property division of a major New Zealand corporate on its development agreement and lease negotiations with The Warehouse.
- BCOM/LLB (HONS), University of Auckland
- Property Council of New Zealand
- CoreNet New Zealand
- Property Law Section of the New Zealand Law Society