The 2021 Legal 500 Asia Pacific Guide’s rankings and recommendations were released in January. The Guide covers 15 specialised areas and their rankings are based on in-depth analysis, client feedback, peer review and independent research. Anthony Harper is, once again, represented and recognised across a wide range of our specialty areas, our partnership and our up and coming young lawyers.
The firm rankings
We are ranked in more fields and more highly than any other similar sized firm in the country. We are ranked highly in Banking and Finance, Corporate Advisory, Litigation, Logistics and Transport, Property and Construction, Insolvency and Corporate Recovery, Intellectual Property, Employment (including our Immigration and Health and Safety practice areas), Financial Services and for the first time, Tax.
We are particularly pleased to announce that IP Partner, Mark Gavin was initiated into the Guide’s Hall of Fame. The Hall of Fame highlights individuals who have received constant praise from their clients for continued excellence. It represents the law firm partners who are at the pinnacle of the profession.
What our client’s say
Clients noted our responsiveness, reliability and expertise. They were quoted in the guide stating:
- ‘The firm always delivers great results and is very responsive.’
- ‘I have always found the team responsive to issues arising with our company. Their knowledge assists in resolution of most matters in our favour.’
- ‘Anthony Harper does not have the price tag or arrogance of some of the largest firms yet still delivers the professional solution required in a friendly manner.’
Over 54% of the partnership are ranked or recommended in the Guide, a huge endorsement of our depth of expertise with our speciality areas.
Congratulations to Nigel Oliver and Grant Goldsmith (Banking and Finance), David Gould, Alex Campbell, and Malcolm Hurley (Corporate Advisory), Chris Dann (Logistics and Transport), Ed Dunphy, Tim Barclay and Tim Bunker (Property), Peter Woods and Karen Kemp (Litigation), Crispin Vinnell (Insolvency and Corporate Recovery), Kathryn McKinney (Employment), Nicola Tiffen (Immigration), Grant Nicholson (Health and Safety), Bridget Riley (Tax) and Nick Summerfield (Financial Services). Special congratulations to Dan Hughes, who has excelled by ranking highly in both litigation and insolvency.
Six young lawyers, Pip Breitmeyer and Alice von Batenburg (Banking and Finance), Jessica Hanning (Property/Construction), and Chloe Jolliffe and Lynne Van (Insolvency and Corporate Recovery) are ranked as ‘Rising Stars’.
To view the results in full click here.
About the Legal 500 Asia Pacific
Over the last 30+ years the Legal 500 Asia Pacific has been carefully analysing the capabilities of law firms across the world. Their comprehensive research is a benchmark against which all firms are judged. They not only compare the quality of work, judging both innovation and cutting edge, pragmatic legal advice, but base their rankings also on the feedback they receive from clients.
- Promotions at Anthony HarperFebruary 19, 2021Anthony Harper is very pleased to announce a number of new promotions. "We are proud to recognise six members of our team who have...
- Does no work during lockdown mean no pay?February 18, 2021In late December 2020, the first Covid related Employment Court decision (Gate Gourmet New Zealand Limited and Ors v Sandhu and Ors  NZEmpC 237)...
- Our response to COVID-19February 15, 2021The health, safety and wellbeing of our team, communities and clients is of the highest concern to Anthony Harper. Consequently, we take very seriously the...